Copcisa was established in Terrassa (Barcelona - Spain) in 1965. It had its origins as the development of a specialist earthworks company that had been operating since the 1950’s.
Prudent business management, a strong commitment to Civil Engineering and the possession of an extensive fleet of construction plant resulted in Copcisa’s growth in the 70’s and 80’s. Throughout this period, the company undertook all types of Civil Engineering work.
In the 1990’s, Copcisa firmly established itself as a leading company in the construction sector on the basis of its highly professionalised structure. Along with major Civil Engineering works undertaken, a new thrust was given to the Services and Building areas with several landmark projects carried out. In this period, the Madrid office was opened and, together with other construction companies, Copcisa founded the National Association of Independent Construction Companies (ANCI).
The turn of the millennium coincided with a period of large-scale infrastructure development in Spain, in which Copcisa was highly active in the areas of high-speed rail, airports, metro lines and major road building. Copcisa also extended its office network to Sevilla, Zaragoza and A Coruña. Also starts is this period the international expansion with the opening of offices in Chile and Colombia.